6 red potatoes, cut into quarters (I leave the skin on, you can take it off if you want)
1 cup celery, chopped (115g)
1 cup red or yellow onion, diced (115g)
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped (20g)
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (6g)
1 cup cashews, soaked in water for at least 10 minutes (135g)
2 dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes (be sure to take the pit out)
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon yellow mustard (18g)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (18g)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt (6g)
1 cup water
- Add the quartered potatoes to a large pot and completely cover them with water by 1 or 2 inches. Place a lid on the pot at an angle and cook for 25 minutes or until you can pierce them with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and set them aside to cool.
- Make the dressing by draining and rinsing the cashews and placing them into the blender along with the rest of the dressing ingredients (dates – make sure to drain the water and remove the pit before adding the dates to the blender – garlic, mustard, nutritional yeast, salt, apple cider vinegar, and water). Blend until totally creamy and smooth, about a minute. Set aside for now.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them into bite-sized pieces and place them into a large mixing bowl and add the celery, onion, parsley, dill, and all of the dressing.
- Gently stir until everything is combined and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Best served cold.